Thursday, February 15, 2007

Writing on the Cake

Joel turned five years old yesterday. We gave him our family gifts (Superman action figures , Superman magic coloring book, and Star Wars Legos.)

When he opened the Legos, he exclaimed, "Cool! This is what I've wanted my whole life!"

That was his morning funny.

My funny Valentine is going to have a party with friends this Saturday, with a superheroes theme, cake and all. But yesterday he wanted a cake, too, which is fine. EVeryone should have a cake right on their birthday. We (Sarah and I, the resident cake decorators) just didn't have the energy or creativity for emblellishing this pre-party cake.

So I said, "Joel, what do you want on your cake? What should we write?"

He dragged a chair to the counter where Sarah held the writing tip with icing. While he was dragging the chair, Sarah asked him the same question, "Joel, what do you want me to write on your cake?"

He said, "Dear Joel" ....(long pause).....I hope you have a good time with your Star Wars buddies."

3 comments:

Diane said...

hahaha, hope it was a BIG cake to hold all the writing. I swear little kids say the funniest things.

Zoanna said...

I said, "Joel, this is a cake, not an email." Sarah ended up writing "Happy 5th Birthday, Joel" on it and he was happy. Funny thing was we stuck a single #5 candle on it and it took him TWO BREATHS to blow it out!!

Kitty Couture said...

LOL to both the entry and your comment! What a blessing that little guy is.