Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feel the Love

It's 12 stinking degrees here. Twelve. Or was that the high today? At any rate, Joel must be a reptile; he has been in a T-shirt and shorts all day around the house. Finally, this evening, I couldn't stand seeing him in summer clothes. It was making ME cold. So I said, "Joel ,I want you to go upstairs and put on pants and socks."

"But I'm not cold."

"I don't care. I want you to put on warmer clothes."

"Can't we just snuggle?"

"We can snuggle after you put on pants and socks. Now go."

"But Mom! I can snuggle you and feel the love and be warm."


AWww, I know. Precious. I said, "That's sweet, honey, but you must obey. Now go."

Next thing I knew he was in my bed, fast asleep, the electric blanket on HIGH. Still in shorts and T.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!! I'm afraid I'd have caved in and just given him a big hug :)

Zoanna said...

Believe me, it was exTREMELY hard not to cave. And he KNOWS it, little stinker! For a split second when I couldn't find him, I panicked that he had felt so rejected that he walked outside to pout and then froze. What sweet relief to find him all curled up under the blanket looking like perfect angel after being the imperfect boy.

Anonymous said...

That's adorable