Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Flip it!

My hubby and I are fixer-uppers at heart, and have remodeled a couple of kitchens and bathrooms ourselves. We would like to take a rundown house, fix it up, and sell it quickly for a big profit. In the real estate business, this is called "flipping," and become the basis for a popular DIY show called "Flip This House." We watch it every weekend. Sometimes when we drive past a delapidated house, I'll say, "Oh, honey, how 'bout we flip that one?"

Little did I know that Joel was absorbing this concept.

A couple days ago he was sitting in the family room across from me. The adjoining kitchen had dishes that needed to be done, mail to be sorted, and a vacuum to be put away. Beside me was a basket of overflowing clean clothes to be folded.

"This house is really a mess!" he said, looking around. Then he pointed his fingers like a gun toward the basket of clothes, and kind of clucked.

"Like that laundry there?" he said. "Flip it."

No comments: