Saturday, July 01, 2006

Joel and the Telemarketer

This afternoon Ben was in Virginia with friends. Sarah was helping Beth unpack after their move. I was napping, and Paul was laying out on the deck catching some rays. Joel and Stephen were in the basement playing video games when the phone rang.

Joel answered and had the speaker phone on.Stephen could hear everything.

"Hello?" said Joel.
"Hi, this is Verizon. Is your daddy there?"
"No. He's tanning." (Stephen chuckles.)
"Oh, is your mommy home?"
"Yeh, but she's sleeping." (Stephen is guffawing.)
"Oh, okay. Is there anyone over the age of 18 there an authorized decision-maker?"
"There were a lot of them here at the graduation party."
"Is there someone there now?"
'Yeh, Stephen is. But he's laughing. Like this: HUH-HUH-HUH."
"Okay. I'll call back later."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my little brother!

Sandy said...

Hi Zoanna,
Thanks for the sweet comments on my most recent ghan. About to start on a lapghan now for a misplaced nursing home Katrina Victim.

Love the phone conversation....kids do and say the darnest things...don't they.

Happy 4th to you and yours. Pop over for a visit...if you like color and Chihuly, got some pics posted from recent tour on another blog, http://spaces.msn.com/schcrochet/

Don't know how to make that a link when posting in the comment section of a blog, but the cut and paste of the url should work.

Sandy

Zoanna said...

Sandy, I couldn't get the following to publish on your comment box:
"Nice to hear from you on my blog. Been enjoying your afghan slide show. My 3 faves are the purple geometric, the Mardis Gras, and the one with ripples You are quite a speedy crotchet queen, aren't you? Loved the pix of you and your hubby on your wedding day. Pretty dress--so 70s!:)
I agree about people these days spending too much time on the wedding and not enough on the marriage. I'm glad our church requires 9-10 weeks of premarital counseling before the pastor will marry a couple. Just finished my first charity quilt. It's at 25 Things. Not perfect but happy.