Monday, July 17, 2006

History Buff

Last night Joel was perusing the books on our dining room bookshelves. Housing mostly non-kid, nonfiction books, this bookcase contains such titles as Asian Kitchen, Helpful Hints for the Handyman, Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, and How to Photograph Your Pet.

Occasionally a few homeschool books from the "curriculum" show up there.

I was engrossed in a craft project and wasn't paying attention to 4-year-old Joel as he searched our home library.

Suddenly he exclaimed with the excitement of one who has just found the last pair of clean underwear in a basket of unfolded clothes, "This is it! This is the one! This is absoLUTEly the book I've been looking for!"

He now had my attention. I turned toward my little towhead.

"Show me, honey. What book is absoLUTEly the one you've been looking for?"

He stretched out a mustard colored paperback with black letters.

"Up from Slavery?" I asked. "By Booker T. Washington?"

"Yes!" he raved. "This is it!"

2 comments:

Sandy said...

4....And then did he want you to read it to him? Hi, been a while since I've had time to do some blog visiting and thought I'd take a few minutes this am before work.

Always enjoy the cute kidsbits...thanks for your kind comments on the white ghan...finished lapghan the other day and have another ghan in the works. Which I'ld like to work on now, instead of going to work. GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Sandy

Have a good day

Sandy said...

Hi Zoanna,
I remember those bags...let me do some follow up and I'll get back to you on that. Thanks so much for your willingness to help out and for your compliment on the lapghan. I was real pleased with the way it turned out, I love color!
Have a fabulous day
Sandy