Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Changed His Mind about Being a Dad

A few months ago (when he was maybe six or just turned seven), Joel told me he didn't want to be a dad because "It's WAY too hard to raise a child."

Well, he changed his mind recently. Last night on the way to WalMart he said, "Mom, remember how I said I didn't want to be dad? Well, now I do."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "How come?"

"Because if you're a dad, you can just say, 'Bring me some chips' and your kid has to bring you chips. Or you say 'please hang this phone back up' and your kid has to hang it up."

Trying to hide my smile, I said, "So, then, you mean you want to have kids as slaves?"

"Yes. Exactly. I'm Slave Number 4."

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

May you have kids, I mean slaves of your own someday!
But we are more than slaves! We are servants since we are called to serve one another!
"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." Galations 5:13

Sandy said...

LOL....heard different varieties of this in the past, but they're always amusing. lol

Have a great wkend. Swing by for a visit, I'm out doing a little blog walking.

Sandy