Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Illusions of Grandeur

I debated whether or not to post this. But it is such a male thing for my five-year-old to say.

Yesterday after Joel's shower, all I found for him in his underwear drawer were size 4. "They're WAY too small for me," he says. "I need a 6."

"All your sixes are on the basement sofa, honey. I folded them yesterday. Run down and get a pair."

"Naked?" he asked.

"Yes, and hurry! No one will see you."

He bounced toward the steps and then turned back to me, with a half-scowl, half-bragging smile on his face.

"I hate my wee-wee," he says. "It's so big I trip over it. It's almost longer than my legs!" Then he scurried down the steps.

I howled!! Oh. My. Goodness. He is such a little MAN!!!! (I told Paul and the older kids later and they chuckled till they were redfaced.)

5 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

ROFLOL! Now *what* will he say at 16 ?!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I see he's already boasting in his maleness! ;)

Jessi said...

heeheehee...Having boys really freaks me out sometimes, but I take comfort in knowing others have stories like this, and it's not just MY boys!!! (I grew up in a household of all girls 'cept my dad, so this is all new to me!!)

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time!

Amy said...

oh my word, I am DYING over here...thanks for the good laugh this morning. reminds me of something my cousin's little boy said recently:

one cousin was changing the diaper of her infant son, and her five-year-old nephew was watching.
"I can tell Baby Sammy's a boy," he said. "I see his wee-wee."

"Yes, that's right," my cousin said. "He has one just like you."

"Well, but mine's bigger. And longer." was the five-year-old's response. :)