Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Thanks for your Help"


Today Joel was playing a video game and couldn't find a certain lever that would get him where he needed to go. He had tried everything.

"Can you help me, please, Mom?"

"Oh, Joel, you know I'm no good at video games. I don't even like them. How could I help you?"

"Just tell me where the lever is, where to go, so I can get out. It's hiding."

Just then I saw two green blinking lights on the screen, in a distance, down a tunnel.

"What are those green lights for? Try them." I doubted it, I mean you don't usually hide something and then flash green lights over the spot.

He tried it. It worked. "Thanks, Mom."

A few minutes later he said again, "Thanks for your help, Mom. I really appreciate that. Now I made it to the next level."

It's nice to help kids get to the next level, even if it is only on a dumb video game.

No comments: