Thursday, March 09, 2006

What Starts with "M"?

A few nights ago I was asking Joel (newly 4) if he wanted to learn to read.

"Yes!" he said, enthusiastically.

"Good" I said, remembering this pinnacle of homeschooling with my older three children and loving the prospect of getting to teach yet another one to read.

"Reading starts with sounds of letters," I explained. "Like 'b' says 'buh'. Can you think of some words that start with "buh?" He said, "Ben, boy, booger..."

"Right!" I said.

"How about "t"?" I pronounced the T sound. He said, "Toy, time, truck."

"Right!" I said, "you're catching on fast. How about M? It says "mmm". What word do you know that starts with "mmm"?"


"Delicious!" he answered.

2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

ROFL!! That is so funny...smart kid!

Sandy said...

ROFL! So cute...
Thanks for the nice things you posted about my purple lapghan and hat. Appreciate hearing nice things, don't we all.

Out of the mouths of babes...enjoy your little one, mine's 22 and gonna graduate in May from College. Doesn't seem possible.

Pop in for a visit anytime.
Sandy