Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nehemiah son of Hacaliah

Veggie Tales did a spoof of "Lord of the Rings." It's called "Lord of the Beans."
One character (who is a spinoff of Gandolph) is named Randolph. He always introduces himself as "Randolph, son of Mandolph."

To Joel, that is really funny.

The other morning, he crawled into my lap just as I was starting to read Nehemiah chapter 1. I said, "Joel, do you want me to read out loud, or do you want to go in the other room and play? This is my time with Jesus,"

He paused and thought about it. "Read out loud to me, please."

I started in. When I got to "Nehemiah, son of Hacaliah." he cackled.

"Nehemiah, son of Hacaliah. That's funny. That's not really what it says."

"Yes, it is, " and proved it to him (as if he can read).

Then he scrunched up his little nose and said, "I'm Small Son of Paul."

"Yes, you are." Witty boy.

"And Ben, " he added, mentioning his 6'6" brother, " is Tall Son of Paul."

1 comment:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Out of the mouth of babes. Well they are so funny at the same time they get you right spot on. I love reading your conversations with your son Zoanna. Children are so interesting.
Thanks for writing those lovely comments in my blog.