Saturday, November 19, 2005

Subway Singies

"Walmart has a Subway," Joel told me last night as I rubbed his sleepy head.

"Yes, you're right, they do." (I wondered why he was thinking about Subway going to bed.) "What's your favorite thing there?"

"The cookies," he said.

Tell me, do YOU think of cookies when you think Subway? He's only had ONE at any Subway that I can think of. And it was the time I shared a sub with him at Walmart.

"What else do you like at Subway?"

"The #1."

I laughed. He remembered a combo number!

"What's a #1 have?" I asked, not recalling.

"Um, those little round singies."

"What little round thingies?" I was stumped.

"Those singies that are like hot dogs."

"Hmm. Subway doesn't have hot dogs."

"I kNOW. They're LIKE hot dogs, though."

"Are they meat or something else?"

"They're meat. Oh yeh... they're meatballs!"

"Oh, okay, you're right."

"Subway's a-pensive, though. You gotta have a lotta money."

"Yeh, that's why we don't eat there too often."

"That guy had to give you money," he told me.

"What guy?" (Would I forget a hand-out that easily?)

"The guy that gave you the cookies and the number 1."

"Oh, the cashier? Yeh, he gave me money, but it wasn't as much as I gave him."

"It wasn't?"

"No. I gave him about ten dollars and he gave me about five back."

"Oh. That's a-pensive for meatballs."

"Is it expensive for cookies?" I asked.

"Um, no," he said definitively, and then fell asleep.


Fri Nov 18, 06:49:17 PM

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hehehe...how cute is that!!