Monday, November 07, 2005

Stinking More Highly of Oneself than One Ought

If you're a mother of boys, or a sister of brothers, or have shared a house with a man who grew up with boys, you understand that much conversation in the home of these male individuals often revolves around bodily functions and the smells associated therewith.

The bathroom is a source of much humor at our house. I should apologize, I should wince, maybe I should scold. But I have three sons and one husband (who was one of five boys) so I have,instead chosen to simply accept this norm.

Take this morning, for example. Joel , who is three and still needs to be wiped after doing his duty (doody?), called me in to the bathroom.

"Ew, Joel, you stink!" I said.

"Yes, I do!" he said almost proudly. "It smells like blueberries in here!"

3 comments:

Dianne said...

LOL!
Didn't smell like roses then? ; )
I am the only sister out of 4 kids. I have one son, 3 nephews and 1 niece, so I can surely relate to guy stuff.

Kristie said...

Four sons here. I actually joined in on a burping contest the other night. I fear that by the time they leave home, I'll have forgotten how to dine in public.

Briana Almengor said...

I grew up with four brothers, have two boys...wouldn't know what to do with a girl! I think I could take anyone on in a belching contest. It's one of my "hidden" talents (hidden unless you're in my home, and then it all hangs out!)