Friday, December 19, 2008

Hey, Miss, Can you Spare a Dime?

Last night Joel accompanied me to Barnes & Noble for a couple of Christmas gifts. While browsing near the back of the store, he told me he needed to go to the bathroom. Well, when I'm all's he got for potty partnering, I don't let him use the men's room. I'm phobic that way.

So I scoped out the ladies' room. Coast was clear. I ushered him in and he starts doing what he's there for. I stood outside his stall while he tells me it's weird that he makes bubbles when he pees. A lady comes in just as he's telling me this. She grins as if to say, "How cute."

When he came out, he washed his hands and then looked for a paper towel. There were none. He didn't see electric hand dryers either. But then he spotted a feminine product dispenser with a sign that read "Napkins 10c".

He looked at me and, matter-of-factly said, "If I had ten cents, I would buy a napkin."

No comments: