Friday, January 18, 2008

Ice Cream Cone

By 5 pm, Joel was my only kid home this Friday. Ben was snowboarding, Sarah was at work, Stephen was staying over at Eric's.

I felt like treating Joel to something special.

"How about ice cream?" he said, as we drove a familiar route to Broom's Blooms Dairy.
He was thrilled. Ice cream BEFORE dinner! But as we drove , he kept getting sleepier, and I kept asking, "you want to go home instead?" He kept saying no.

We pulled into the lot and I said, "Do you still want me to get you an ice cream cone?"

"I want the ice cream, too!" he said.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

awwww. Cute. Like the spidy blog too

Sarah said...

I know he was tired, but I love how literal kids are.

Sandy said...

Had forgotten how much enjoyed your stories about the kids. We're sorta getting to play grandparent now with a 14 month old next door. He's adorable. Loves to come visiting. Our house is an adventure for him I think. His mom says the first thing he does is come bang on the door when their outside. He gets quit excited when I'm not at work and answer. I made him a sweater and will have to find the cute picture of him wearing it to post later.
Have a good wkend.
Sandy